Friday 29 May 2009

Kindness and monkeys

During the bank holiday weekend just gone, I went to B&Q. Among other things, I wanted to see the welding tips, as mentioned in the forum, as potential extruder nozzles - with 0.6 mm nozzle and a 6mm diameter at the other end. Had to ask where they were. When found, each packet had fewer in than the 5 claimed - and one or more holes in the plastic bags. The staff member (the same guy who had helped with my trolley early on (Mark)) muttered "thieving monkeys" and offered to reduce the price. He put the remaining contents of two bags into one, and priced the 4 welding tips at £2. So I've got four welding tips. I also bought three small G-clamps I'm sure will come in useful in this project somewhere. The purchase went on my partner's card, so I don't have the cost breakdown on me.

Meanwhile, I have received offers of practical help from members of the forum. You know who you are, and thank you. I was quite taken aback, and touched, and didn't know what to say, so much so that those involved contacted me again to check it was OK! It is so good to find a(nother- it's my second) forum where everyone offers encouragement and helps each other without the nastiness so endemic in many fora.
So, if you're thinking of starting a repstrap/reprap, do it, and be assured of positive input. And if someone offers you help, reply straight away!

Today I have opened my email to an email from the RRRF store notifying me of the despatch of my order (from the 18th May) yesterday, the 28th May. So that's 10 days already, before the long-haul delay swimming across the ocean......

1 comment:

  1. Nice pluralisation of forum
    :-)
    The shipment from the states isn't too bad - usually a few days at most.

    ReplyDelete