Tuesday 21 April 2009

GO! Tues 21st April

Well, nearly. I spent all morning building up the workbench, but haven't quite finished it yet. Seems to have a design (or pre-assembly) flaw, and also some holes need drilling to get them to line up.
I have marked up most of the pieces for sawing, though:
  • u-shaped rails - two lengths at 21 ", four at 13 "
  • threaded rods - one length at 24 ", one at 12 ", one at 18 "
  • MDF - four rectangles of 8.5 " x 11 ", one at 24 " x 22 "

The last rectangle is to be the base, with a 24 " front. This is the length of the x-screw thread. The distance front to back allows for the 18 " y-screw thread, with some added clearance in front of and the length of the rear upright added on. This may turn out to be too big, but I can always cut it down, whereas I can't grow it!

I warn you now, this is going to be a nice little mix of metric and imperial - just like the UK!


1 comment: